I'm a dummy!
I've created this blog to chronicle and hopefully one day share my journey of becoming an enlightened dummy. I call myself a dummy, because like many people, I believed I was somehow immune to the ailments of not living a healthy life. I never considered myself unhealthy, and in fact for most of my life I've been active and had no major health concerns.As of writing this post, I am married and have 4 children, all of which I adore...most of the time. My wife Amy, has been my inspiration and my coach, though at times, her coaching sounded a lot more like "blah, blah, blah, no sugar, not this, not that, blah, blah, blah." I am grateful she didn't give up on me. If you decide to read more of my posts, you will hear a lot about Amy. In fact, much of what you hear will originate from Amy.
As I mentioned before, I am a dummy! I believed I was doing many of the right things, although, I knew I weighed more than I should, did not have the energy I wanted and knew that Sour Patch Kids were not a sustainable food source.
So what changed?
I contribute my change to two things:- I was tired of being tired, and
- I saw a video.
What video you ask? It was an advertisement, a rather long one, for a product that helps with Candida. If you're like me, I had no idea what Candida was. Had it not been for a curious drawing of little creepy things in my gut and an indication they were the source of my fatigue, I likely would have moved on quickly. Instead, I clicked on the link.
Disclosure #1: I am a visual learner. The video I watched, brilliantly incorporated hand drawn animation to the ad. If you are unfamiliar this technique, I highly recommend watching Daniel Pink's talk on motivation that was brought to life through animation by RSAnimate.
I watched the animated explanation of how the foods I was eating, was feeding these little creepy things. It explained that they are a form of bad bacteria that when unchecked, wreak havoc on your health. I would actually love to show you the original video, but for some reason, I can no longer find it. If I find ever do, I will add the link.
The point is, it got my attention and suddenly, I was ready!
I showed the video to Amy, and of course, she was already familiar with it. She is always a mile ahead of me and was prepared in the event that I should ever ask. She pulled out one of her many books which outlined a program for getting rid of Candida.
Disclosure #2. I do not want this blog to endorse any one product, so I will at times share things that worked for me, but please don't take it as promotion. Should there come a time when I want to endorse or promote, I will do it in a separate section of this blog.
Getting rid of Candida:
The steps for ridding myself of this terrible condition are as follows:1) Starve the critters,
2) Kill the critters, and
3) Replace the bad critters with good critters.
Simple enough, right? Yes and no.
In my next post, I will share the program I followed. However, for the remainder of this post, I will focus on the after affects. It should come as no surprise that it worked for me. I am writing this blog because I ran an experiment and was amazed at what happened.
I feel better than I have for a long time. I have more energy, sleep better, my mind is clear and have a better relationship with my wife. It's all the things the pills on TV advertise. Additionally, in 4 months, I have lost nearly 20 lbs since (although losing weight was not my intention).
More than the health benefits I am gaining, my eyes have been opened to the real potentials from living a healthy life and that most of the information we have about food is misunderstood by many. The purpose of this blog is to share what I have learned and how incorporating some of this has changed my life dramatically.
I hope you'll chose to join me on your own journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment